Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medieval Fantasy

2 posters

Go down

Medieval Fantasy Empty Medieval Fantasy

Post by xxju_chanxx Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:12 pm

To start off, this was a roleplay that me and a friend of mine started doing. We never really finished it, but I find this plot to be very interesting, so I thought I would try it out here...

After the death of the king, his eldest son was next in line to rule the country of Aderus. However, his eldest son had no desire to rule the country and therefore vanished. After searching for months, it was decided that the eldest son had died, and the youngest son soon took over the throne at the age of fourteen.

The youngest son was corrupt and jealous of all creatures such as witches and dragons. He was especially jealous of those who possessed a sixth sense, for that's what his eldest brother had possessed.

Two years after the eldest son's disappearence, destruction amd mayhem was brought upon the land. The youngest son began hunting down all beings who possessed some sort of power. They were either imprisonsed, killed, or even try to have their lives spared by serving the king.

Despite the eldest son's wishes, he returns to Aderus along with two new comrades - a witch and a shape-shifter, who try desperately to convince him to take the throne once and for all to stop all of the madness that his brother is creating. However, the eldest brother is only focused on helping a young girl named Danica who also possesses the Sight.

But things grow worse and after his shape-shifting friend is killed by a menacing vampire assassin who sides with the king.

Finally angered by his younger brother's actions, he has no choice but to overthrow him. He begins recruiting to prepare for a war....

Main characters needed:
Youngest brother:
Shape-shifter:

Main characters taken:
Young Medium (Danica): xxju_chanxx
Vampire assassin: Kyuukurochan
Witch: valsaires
Eldest brother: valsaires

Other Characters:
Dragon: Kyuukurochan
Ghost: xxju_chanxx
~~~~~~
As for fantasy characters... Just about anything goes. Just ask first. Here's a small list that I've come up with. To suggest anything, just post and I'll add it on the list. We will definitely need human characters as well.

Dragons
Witches
Warlocks
Mediums
Ghosts
Vampires
Lycans
Dwarfs/Elves
Elementals (People who control water, fire, etc...)
Unicorns
Centaurs
Phoenixes
Ogres
Trolls
Faeries
Griffins

~~~~~~
Other tidbits:

Okay, I want to make this loud and clear for everyone. You can post a skeleton for your character(s) or not. I normally don't do skeletons. I say what I have to say about my characters in the first couple of posts. I know there are those who perfer doing skeletons first, so you may do so if you wish. king

Last edited by xxju_chanxx on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:02 am; edited 5 times in total
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 13
Quote : Insanity takes its toll. Please have exact change ready....
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Medieval Fantasy Empty Re: Medieval Fantasy

Post by Kyuukurochan Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Vampire's name-Circe Vondran
Dragon's name-Larnat Gray
I don't think you want anymore than that. XD
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 63
Quote : Wooooo. .o. I am here, with life-saving Prayer Breakfast Waffles on Akuroku Day. :3
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.queenserena12345.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 pm

((That's good enough ^^; I'll post once a couple of more people join at least.))
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Her green eyes scanned the novel that she was reading as her nails tapped on the countertop in an impatient manner. Who knew when her mother would return from doing her daily errands? She was always stuck here, tending to the shop. It was something Danica really wasn't fond of, but he had no choice in the matter. Someone had to do it.

She looked up from book she was reading, and tucked a few strands of her auburn colored hair behind her eyes. Her gaze shifted toward the window, watching as the townspeople passed by, going about their business. She couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that a few people were actually following others and they didn't even know that they were being followed. It was amusing to her that she could see some things that many in this small village just outside the kingdom couldn't.
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:27 am

One of those stalkers-Erm, I mean 'followers', yes, crept along in such a manner than resembled something from a horror movie. He held his hand up to his mouth, crouched over slightly, almost resembling...

He suddenly stopped and slipped into an alleyway, hiding behind the wall, sneaking glances back into the street every so often. The black cloak was caught on a box next to him, and the second he moved, he would fall flat onto his face.

But that's for another time.

His prey walked down the street, looking in the shop windows as he passed, finally stepping into a shop. The stalker smirked, the corners of his mouth twisting into a sly disposition. He moved to follow the man, but....

THAT TIME WAS NOW.

He attempted to scurry to his feet as a number of persons stopped to watch him scuttle across the cobblestone path, grumbling and blushing the entire time. He finally unlatched his cloak from the evil box, where he rushed into a nearby store. He walked around to one of the shelves, patting down his long brown hair, and looking around with shifty eyes at his surroundings. He smiled cheerfully, this time, at the sight of the woman at the counter.

'Act...natural...human...think....human...' He thought, and he waved a hand at her before turning to the shelves to 'browse'. He pulled a slip of paper from inside his cloak, and scrawled something below the official seal of the kingdom. He put it back as quickly as he produced it, and went back to browsing. He was interested in this large....it could only be called a thing that resembled...some sort of animal...? Unless his eyes were playing tricks on him again.

He surpressed an urge to suddenly hiss; it grew from the back of his throat, and almost escaped. He looked around, wide eyed, then turned to watch the girl at the counter from the corner of his eye.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female
Quote : Wooooo. .o. I am here, with life-saving Prayer Breakfast Waffles on Akuroku Day. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:37 am

Danica rolled her eyes and continued to look at her book, however, someone beside her was beginning to distract her with his snickering. She placed the book down on the couner and glared at the boy who 'floated' beside her. He gave a slight grin and ran a hand through his brown curly locks.

"He's checking you out," the ghost boy teased.

Danica rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Edgar. I'm trying to read here," she muttered under her breath so that the man couldn't hear her. She picked up her book again, pretending to read it.

Edgar sighed. "I'm just havin' a little bit of fun here. It doesn't hurt, does it? You're supposed to be working. Now go ask him if he needs help finding anything." He motioned her to get up with his hands before vanishing.

Danica placed the book back down, a bit more forceful this time around, and left her spot at the counter to speak to the man.

"Um, may I help you, sir?" she asked almost hesitantly.
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:47 am

A bright green head of unruly curls bounced on the shoulders of a petitely-framed woman walking down the center of town with a large book blocking her view of the road. Squinting at the tiny words scrawled on the pages before her, she began to talk to herself.

"Rosemary-have that, rose petals...I thought I saw some outside of town...Holy water? That can't be right...Oh, spring water, that makes more sense. I'm pretty sure I have some of the latter..And nutmeg" Min blinked. "Nutmeg? I know I don't have any of that, I used it all in the last town, I guess I'll need to-"

THUMP. Somewhere up ahead the sound of a body hitting the cobblestone street brought her attention out of the weathered tome in her hands. She peered out over the top of the book for a moment, before looking back down to check her page.

"So...nutmeg, that's all I need? This will be simple enough, now to find a store...."

A small cloud of dust poofed up as the book snapped shut and the witch surveyed the surrounding area, ignoring the looks she was drawing from some nearby children. Finally her eyes landed on a store, the door of which was still swinging from being use recently. Shoving the spellbook into her bag she hastened into the shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 am

The man waved again, a sheepish look on his face. He picked up the....unfamiliar object and held it out.

"What in the seven hells in this?" He deadpanned, snickering. His eyes widened when another hiss attempted to ressonate, and he clutched at his throat with his other hand. He turned to stare at the newcomer, and started to violently point at her, wagging his finger to and fro.

"Um....um....TAKE CARE OF HER FIRST!" He put the...thing back on the shelf, and started to shuffle through his cloak, searching...searching...

EUREKA! He pulled a small dagger from his personage, and promptly cut a small sliver in his finger. He put his finger in his mouth hastily, putting the dagger back in his cloak, out of sight. Under his garments, the necklace around his neck began to glow a slight shade of yellow, then subsided.

He was fed. He was happy. It may be just recycling blood, but it was all good. At least, for right now.

He needed a squirrel.

The weird man looked out the window of the shop, scanning the crowd for his prey, that, didn't seem to leave the store that he snuck into.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:58 am

Danica raised a brow. "Um, yeah... I'm not even going to ask. Look, if you're going to buy something, then buy it. We're getting ready to close in about ten minutes so I suggest you hurry along." And with that, she turned and headed straight back to the counter.

Edgar appeared once more and snickered. "That was rather interesting. Say, it looks like someone else is coming in," he said, pointing toward the door. "Don't get too comfortable again."

"One of these days I'm going to get out of this place... I'm not shopkeeper," Danica sighed. "And then I'm going to kill you, Edgar."

The ghost grinned. "I'm already dead, Danni. How many times to I have to tell you that?"
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 am

Min stopped and blinked, looking around the store as a man seemed to errupt the moment she entered. Hopefully this store had what she was looking for; the idea of searching every store in the blasted town did not appeal to her at the moment. Most especially with bright green hair, thanks to a recent spell gone wrong. A spell she was now in the process of undoing.

'There's too many jars in here...' she thought absently as she approached the store clerk.

"Hello..." she began, as she glanced behind her at the questionably shady man in the corner. "I'm looking for..nutmeg? Do you have any?"

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:11 am

For a few seconds, Danica didn't respond. Instead, she was more focused on the woman's hair than anything. Edgar was as well, and quickly burst into laughter. Danica gazed over at him and gave him a stern look before turning back to the woman.

"Of course we do," she told her. She stood and led Min to one of the back shelves. She reached up and grabbed a small bottle.

"That will be two shillings, please," Danica stated before handing her the bottle.
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:12 am

The man cleared his throat, pulling at the collar of his coat. It was suddenly very hard for him to keep a somewhat composure. He cleared his throat again, coughing, then..um...hacking.

He started to beat on his chest, almost falling over. He looked about him, and he was staring at the two at the counter.

The newcomer was out to get him. He knew it.

SHE SECRETLY WORKED FOR THE KING'S OPPOSERS AND WAS GOING TO TURN HIM IN FOR HIS BOUNTY!

Well, joke's on her, she'd have to PAY to turn him in. He turned back around to the shelf and took the un...desirable object and held it out. He was trying to keep a low profile, being a stalker of one of the kingdom's greatest enemies.

He was stealing chickens from one of the coups.

THE ROYAL COUPS.

He'd have to buy this to make it seem like he had come in here for a reason. He went and slammed it on the a counter, the...thing chipping on the counter.

"I'm buying...this, and send the bill to the king," he said with a smug look on his face, still hitting himself in the chest so as not to suddenly keel over.

What was he talking about, he was already dead.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:15 am

Danica turned to the strange man. "Um okay. It's two shillings just so you know, and are you okay? You really don't look so good," she stated. "Are you sure you're not sick or anything?"
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:23 am

((How about three shillings and forget the name? xDD))

One hand accepted the bottle from the woman at the counter, while the other went searching through the bag at her side for two smallish coins she hoped were the right ones. A few moments later the hand withdrew and handed over the required payment, slipping the bottle into her bag in return.

"Thank you-" She turned at the eruption of hacking and coughing from the other occupant of the store, followed by another similarly loud outburst. "I think I have something that could help with that cough....."

As she approached the man, his features came into better focus, for better or for worse. He didn't look incredily healthy. Or completely sane, for that matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:30 am

((Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith Very Happy))

The man stared at her in disbelief.

"...If everything costs that much, then maybe I should buy more junk just to put on his tab..."

His eyes widened and he stepped back when the funky-haired woman advanced on him, and he went back against the shelves again. He knocked into it, and something from about hit him on the head, stunning him for a second. He blinked and reached out a hand, grabbing....

Oh crap, it was another undistinguishable object. He didn't like this store at all.

"I'm perfectly fine, now. I just...have.....coughing fits, yeah." He grinned sheepishly, waving a hand as he put the..second unknown object back in it's place. It was true, he didn't look so good. Really, no one did when they were dead, so, who was she to judge? They must both be in cahoots! Both of them were out to get him. He could tell. The way they stood on the same side of the room, and that....um...yeah, because they needed to spend their money somehow, right. That was it.

If he had a body temperature, he'd be sweating. He scratched his head and looked about again, his eyes shifting for a nearby exit.

But he left his...thing on the counter. He'd need to get that first.

Damn.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:37 am

(*dies laughing* I've been awake too long. My sanity is slipping.))

"Maybe you should go home or get a room a the inn or whatever, and get some rest. Really. I think you may have the plague or something. I don't want it," Danica exclaimed. "Now we're getting ready to close. I suggest -" She was cut off at the sound of a crashing noise. She looked around the two customers and loud out a gasp.

At the sight of a few broken bottles on the floor, she couldn't help but shout his name. "Edgar!" she screamed out, though she hastily regretted it and covered her mouth.

"Sorry, Danica. I guess I break things when I laugh too hard," the ghost said, appearing next to the man and the woman. "Why are you covering your mouth?" he inquired.
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:47 am

"......Egger?" Min repeated, though she wasn't sure that was what had been said. "Egger..Eggar...Edgar!"

"Edgar?" She blinked, looked around the room, then frowned. She was sure there weren't any more people in the store...Or were there?

Another rapid search of the bag hanging at her side produced a pair of round eyeglasses that she held to her face while looking once more around the store, the blue tinted glasses stopping as her gaze rested on a set of just-broken bottles laying on the ground nearby. Or rather, the spectral figure hovering over them.

She quirked her head to one side.

"Now that's interesting"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:55 am

((Ughhhhhhhhh all the PotCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC RRAEDADADAFRRERERERR
L-Val. o.o I'll shoot you))

The man whipped around to look at the girl, staring at her, wide eyed. Then he turned back to the shopgirl, and his mouth dropped open. They both really were out to get him. And the King called him paranoid.

"I'm...I don't have the plague, and my name is not Edgeward!" Seems he didn't hear the name right either, but he didn't need to say 4 variations, and even repeat one of them. He thought she meant him, didn't she? I mean, there were only three them in that store that he could see...Unless there was a secret spy in the walls.

Wouldn't be the first time.

"It's..." he trailed off, kinda embarrassed. His name was not something to be particularly proud of. Not only that, but his name being given almost meant a certain death! He was right-hand man of the King, he couldn't give out any personal information about either of them, even which hand they washed their own back with.

But, really, his name was embarrassing. I mean, who names their kid after a Greek God....

Ess.

That's right. Goddess.

He jumped when the glass fell to the ground, and he suddenly hollered, running into the shelf again, the same unidentified falling object hitting him in the head. He grimaced and caught it again, attempting to chuck it at the green-haired oddball.

"NO-YOU'RE INTERESTING!"

His comebacks sucked. He needed a course on talkin' smack.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:00 am

( (Edgeward. XD ))

"Um, yeah... I thought it was... my dog, but I guess it was just the wind or something. Yeah, that's right," Danica stammered out, eyes looking at the ghost, who finally managed to get the hint, and disappeared.

"Anyway, we're closing. Have a good evening!" she exclaimed to the two, hoping they would leave now.
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 am

((OBJECTION! x3))

Narrowly missing a flying projectile by a couple yards, Min raised an eyebrow. "Interesting dog you have there." She picked up her glasses from the ground and replaced them into her bag of wonders. "Are you open tommorow? I think there are some things I might need still, but since you are closing now, I might just come back then. Thanks for the nutmeg."

She turned to go, her eyes again finding the shifty man with the sanity deprivation. "So, do you have a name, or shall we just call you Sans Sane?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

((Dude, in the time it took you to write that, I could have posted like...10 times. XDDD

I have this unmistakable feeling you will throw something at me the next time we meet. x3))

"That is an odd name for a mutt..." he grimaced and waved his hand. "Put that thing on the King's tab too. He won't care-"

Dammit, he forgot he had to lie low. Oh well, it was almost done for. Besides, if they knew too much, he could just drink their blood...A real...live human being's...

Ahem.

The man was taken aback, this girl really truly was trying to get the bounty on his head! She was dangerous. He grabbed his cloaked and wheeled around, wrapping himself up in his coat. Too bad he couldn't get out of the thing now. He was stuck on the other side of the shelves. Really, this was the second time he was foiled by him own garments.

"...I'll...um...leave..." He looked around and pulled at his coat, the fabric finally ripping and he made a break for the door, throwing himself against it.

...Dammit, it swung the other way. He blushed and pulled it open, then looked back at the two.

"The name is Circe. Don't forget it!" He smirked and ran out into the cobblestone street, and jumping into the air, taking flight. The people in the street stopped to stare and scream, and one little girl pointed when he turned into a bat.

Yeah, he was lying low.

He was almost half-way home when he realized he forgot the weird thing on the counter. He debated going back for it. And then he realized he could have used a fake name. They wouldn't know the difference.

He kicked himself in the head in mid-flight. Literally. He plumeted to the ground, moaning.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxju_chanxx Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:32 am

Danica looked down at the object still laying on the counter and sighed. He left it, and that meant the strange man was probably going to come back sooner or later.

"Well, this was a rather eventful day," she muttered to herself before looking back up at Min. "I'm sorry if I was being rude at all, but now that he's gone I feel a little bit better. You're welcome to come back any time you'd like."
xxju_chanxx
xxju_chanxx
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 am

She nodded her head."Thank you, I think I will. Good night" After ducking out of the store, she resumed walking. However, she only got a few steps before she realized it would be wise to find someplace to sleep for the night, as sleeping outside while she was in town appealed to her about as much as searching every store in said town for a common spice.

"Let's see...now where could I find an inn...." she looked around once more.

"Maybe a map would help too"

((hm...my posts seem to be getting shorter and shorter as the night..er, morning goes on...))

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuukurochan Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 pm

The sun was sinking slowly in the streets, a person emerging from a shop, looking up and down the block. It was the person that the vampire had been following, and he just stuck something inside of his green cloak. Slitted eyes peered about, then a smile graced his face, and his entire aura subsided. Larnat started to walk down the cobbelstone path, when suddenly, this person leapt into the air!

A child ran past him, pointing and shreiking that the person had turned into a bat before her eyes. His mouth opened slightly and he found himself backing away, staring in awe. Then he realized.

It was his stalker.

A wave of relief swept over him, and he hunched over, taking the package from his pocket. With his stalker gone in an overly extravagant fashion, at least he knew that he could not be found of unjust-treason now. He unwrapped the simple package and took out a small mechanism that bore the seal of a faraway land. He slipped the golden chain over his head and stuffed it under the clasp of his cloak, smiling in simple adoration. Putting his hands over his pockets, he realized that he was void of supplies, and most of the shops were already closed.

He did need some sort of nourishment temporarily until he could find a place to rest. He didn't like inns. They were sometimes noisy. A cave was much better. He started to walk back where he had been, but the shop didn't have any food, he remembered. He turned with a sigh and went back to where he had been earlier, pulling his hood over his long black hair. A silver ring shined on his thumb.

He stopped where two women stood inside shop, and he quickly jumped at the chance. The one woman left the store, then stopped at the window, but he brushed past her. Larnat swung the door open and shut it carefully, trying to hide the colored rings around his eyes with his bangs.

"I-I'm sorry to intrude, but do you have any food?" He asked polietly, reaching at his side for his money pouch.
Kyuukurochan
Kyuukurochan
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum