Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repeated Abuse

2 posters

Go down

Repeated Abuse Empty Repeated Abuse

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 am

I'm posting this because I am currently very upset. I used to have a forum in pictures called "Gold's Art" Which I have just deleted. Why you ask? Because I'm tired of comments basily shouting, "YOUR ART SUCKS." I don't want to read those types of comments unless I post underneath it "ADVANCED CRICTQUE" Which I NEVER did. It hurts my feelings when people say these types of things about my art because you have no idea how long it took me to complete it or how long it took me to get little details right. I'm not perfect. No one is. But why must people act like it has to be!? Stop comparing my art to other people's and STOP posting crap about it on the page. Don't you remember,

"IF YOU DON"T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY DON'T POST ANYTHING AT ALL"!?

No one except other artists understands how hard it is to actually draw something that makes you proud. Then, when you get comments like that, it makes you feel like after all your practicing and effort your art was worth nothing....

Now I know not to post anymore art up here....I'll stick to deviantart where people don't sit there making comments about how sucky my artwork is.

-Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 4928
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!
Registration date : 2009-10-12

http://setsuaiburninglove.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Repeated Abuse Empty Re: Repeated Abuse

Post by sailorstar165 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:47 am

... I never said your art sucks, Gold. I was trying to be helpful... And I never compared your art to anyone else's. God knows I can't draw. I know how to draw, know all about perspective, and can tell people how to fix mistakes, but I can't do it myself, so I don't even try. Neutral I was trying to be helpful, not cruel.

I know how it feels to actually draw something well. It happens once in a million for me (as in very rarely). The most I can do is Timcanpy, and even then... it's sorta meh.

And you can't say ALL the comments were bad. I know I raved about your chibi edward and your pics of the High School people. It's just the recent ones I said "this is what's wrong" and for them I usually say what's good about them too.

You can't take things so personally, Gold. Take it from someone who knows. I'm a fanfic writer (which we're all aware of). Do you know how many bad reviews I've gotten? How many Mary-Sue accusations? How many "You suck, just stop writing"? How many "Just go die so we don't have to suffer through your crap anymore"? There are asses out there on the net, and they're on Deviant, too. I've gotten a few there, too.

I never meant to be cruel, Gold. I was trying to be helpful. Sometimes, people are so wrapped up in how wonderful something is and don't notice how they can improve. I've been victim to that as well. Sometimes you need someone to make you step back and go, "Wow. They were right. That leg is at a very odd angle compared to the rest of the body."
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:12 am

I never asked for advice or critique. I don't want it. I'm having a really hard time with my self-esteem as it is. Drawing helps me not think about some ideas to do some pretty bad things I've done to myself in the past and I want to keep it this way.

Maybe I was really proud of the leg. Maybe I thought, "Wow that turned out really good." Maybe it's a part of my own art style, everyone has their own special details they like to add in their works, even if others find it wrong looking or strange. I was going to give that picture to someone and now I really don't want to give it to them. I'm very iffy about my art as it is.

You can't tell emotions by typing. Think about it for a minute, this was your post:

"The leg looks werid 0_o"

The way I interpreted that won't be the same as persay, Chel's way or Ashley's way. Short posts like that can't be interpreted well, and I interpreted it as abuse. The added face made it look even worse as a comment. You can't think that everyone will interpret it the same, which is why posts have to be literal.

The only reason the Ed and High school one came out okay is because I used a reference or base. Everything is free hand. You can't expect free hand to look perfect. I don't want people to sit there screaming how good it is, but I don't want to wake up in the morning to read something hurtful to me. If you don't like it, don't post anything about it, period. That's what everyone else has been doing and I would prefer if it was like that. I'd rather have a silent memo that says, "Hmmm maybe this work isn't so good." Rather then someone flat out pointing out what's wrong with it. When people do that it just makes me upset because if it's like the way it is, I can't fix it. I re-draw every aspect of my drawing at least sixty times until I think it's decent. Sometimes, re-drawing something sixty times doesn't help you make it look A-ratio perfect...

Don't think I'm full of myself and my art, because I hate my art. Usually, I draw A, to calm me down, and B because someone wants me to draw them something. I don't think it's wrong to be proud of some aspects of your work. My favorite thing to draw is legs...I was really proud of how they came out after several erasing, starting over, and re-drawing. I put a lot of time and effort into things for other people...if you think something is wrong with something the best thing to do is leave be unless advice is wanted....
Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female
Quote : Dead inside, My heart and soul flatlines! Put your mouth on mine...and bring me back to life!

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:23 am

No, my post was, "O.o Uh... The leg looks a little off."

And you can expect a person to draw well free hand. >_> I've seen people do it all the time. Anime cons in artist alley, Koru, my friend Kagome-chan... There are many people who can draw free-hand.

I don't think it's wrong to be proud of your work. Believe me, I'm very proud of some of my fanfics.

And you never said, "Don't post comments" in the main post, just as you never said, "honest critique." If you didn't want comments, then make sure you put that in somewhere. And then there's the fact you never yelled at me, "NO COMMENTS" when I posted "that's a really cute pic" or anything. >_> You can't just say "I didn't want comments" only when someone disagrees with you. Think about it. You never said, "I don't want comments" when I said good things, so I figured comments were fine.

Anyway, I vote we stop arguing. I don't want to get another friend hating me because our oppinions differ.
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Chocobo Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Maybe I didn't, and maybe I need to make that more clear...I'm sorry, I exploded because I've been having a really stressful week back in my home life...a lot of things are happening really fast and the stress is really getting to me. I'm not one to vent, but little things like that really tick me off when I'm stressed out. I can't cry anymore when I'm stressed, because no one cares when I do. So instead I get even more stressed and lose more self esteem.

I think I'm going to develop a system for my Art Fourm that will be benefical and not completely crush my feelings on these really stressful days. Maybe a rating system, and different categories of critique...I just got back from a dance party where I danced my stress away, and met two new friends....so I think I'm a little calmer now....

When I say this, I'm not stating this sarcastically or in any tone close to it, I'm saying it sincerely. Looking back at my posts, I'm really sorry for the way I acted. I was acting like a whiney ass bitch. I've just been having a really stressful life and little things have been setting me off. It was my action, so I will take full responsibility for it. I won't blame anyone else. I shouldn't have exploded over something so stupid. I understand that you were trying to help me out, I guess when I'm stressed I become more senstive, but I shouldn't let my home feelings take over my actions online or publicly.

So I want to say one more time that I'm truely sorry.
Gold Chocobo
Gold Chocobo
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:39 am

I forgive you and still love you~ I love you
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female