Your Role
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphony of Innocence

+4
Hanyou_Foxgirl
KeeperoftheJeep
sailorstar165
xTwilightxAngelx
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Empty Re: Symphony of Innocence

Post by sailorstar165 Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 am

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 PrincessZelda
Zelda got up and took the harp music. Isn't wasn't too hard as far as she could tell. She'd definitely played harder from memory before. She smiled as she set her music down, ready to play when they started.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 AllenSuit
Allen stood slowly and took the piano music. He almost had a heart attack when he saw it. So many notes... He read through the music a few times. There was no way he was going to get this on his first try. While the others got their music, Allen started practicing the harder parts. He'd need all the practice he could get.
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female
Number of posts : 6655
Quote : Yeah, I'm that awesome.
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://www.fanfiction.net/~sailorstar165

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:29 pm

[quote="Hanyou_Foxgirl"]
Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Link-110
Link took his music, looking over it slowly and checking out the harder parts first. Once he was back in his seat he began fingering the notes on his flute quietly, attempting to see how hard it would be to play.
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by love4Sora Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Lavi

Lavi looked over his music carefully, so he could memorize it. After a few minutes, it was already down packed in his head. Ah...that's probably the best thing about being the future bookman: having a photographic memory, he thought, pleased with himself.

Lavi then brought his trumpet up to his mouth and blew in the mouth piece, attempting to play first few notes of his part from Carmen Suite No. 1. He made a few mistakes here and there, but just because his head memorized it, that doesn't mean his fingers did. The music didn't seem too bad, but he would have to practice a bit.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Hunny02

Hunny happily looked at his music. He was very excited to recieve his first orchestra music. He couldn't wait to start playing, so he did. Hunny set his music up on the stand in front of him, rested his mouth against the mouth peice and his fingers along the buttons. Hunny focused all his attention on the music, and then played the first four measures of Barber of Seville. Hunny didn't know if he was any good or not, but he was pleased with himself.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Haruhi

Haruhi stared at the music, wondering which one she should try first. She glanced around the room, listening intently to what others were playing. In the back she could hear Hunny played his tuba. From the corner of her eye Haruhi noticed the boy with the pointed ears was fingering the buttons on his flute. That doesn't seem like a bad idea... Looking at her own music, Haruhi did the same.

After she looked at the third piece, Haruhi set her oboe down on her lap and sighed. This would take some practicing before she got it perfectly.
love4Sora
love4Sora
Creator

Female
Number of posts : 3094
Quote : Don't mock the Lion King. ~ Myself
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://myanimelist.net/profile/love4Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by kairiandroxas Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Kyoya11

Kyoya took the sheets of music and began sight reading them. He made note of any crescendos, ACCENTS, and key changes. He set a tempo for himself and began fingering through some of the more challenging parts of the pieces of music.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Zero11

Zero took the music and put it on the stand. He didn't necessarily want to sight read, but he may as well, since he really didn't have anything else to do and everyone else was. He brought his trombone to his mouth and blew air into it, just for practice. It was nowhere near enough, though, to make a sound. He moved the slide from position to position while sight reading.
kairiandroxas
kairiandroxas
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Quote : i'm only mean to people who tell me to be nice
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperoftheJeep Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 OHSHC_0130

After getting their folder the twins proceeded to quickly scan the music. They'd heard the majority of the music before, so sight reading it wouldn't be to terribly hard. They made sure to note some of the trickier rythms though, getting the general feel for the parts.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 0d8cc530520290_full

Kanda grumbled quietly as he took his music and began to skim it, his grumble soon turning into a curse. Black dots swam across the page in an endless swirl. He'd been surprised at first, but after taking a second look it didn't seem to bad. Sure there was a good deal of position work, but nothing he couldn't handle. A quick glance to his rather annoying stand partner confirmed his thoughts. Apparently the other didn't think it was to bad either. Absentmindedly he fingered the parts, waiting to begin.

**Sorry this is so late and short!!! Lots of shizz has been going on >__<**
KeeperoftheJeep
KeeperoftheJeep
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-03-01

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/4187014

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenalee Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:34 am

((Okay, I'll try something. Razz))

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Lenapics

Lenalee looked at her music, thinking this might be a little hard for her. She didn't wanted to bother anyone, so she hoped she would be able to memorize it all. Lenalee at least wanted to give it a shot, so she started to play the first part. It actually turned out pretty well, even though she made some mistakes. You can do this Lenalee, you just have to practice a little. Isn't that why you're here in the first place?

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Yuukig

Yuuki also got her music and smiled when she took a look at it. She wasn't really having a problem and was pretty sure she could do this. And if she happened to screw up, both Kaname and Zero might get a bad impression of her. But that isn't going to happen! Right? Yuuki was getting a little nervous now, but wanted to try the best she could.
Lenalee
Lenalee
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 360
Quote : The road I walk is paved in gold, to glorify my platinum soul.
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 O-0562

As soon as Tamaki recieved his music he started looking it all over. It's challenging, he thought as took out a pencil and started marking everthing he could find in the music, but it's managable. As soon as he finished marking in whatever he could he then turned around in his seat and started yelling to all the other first violins all the things they should watch out for in their music and what positions to shift to in certian parts. as the first chair player, it was afterall to take charge of his section.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Kaname

Kaname glazed over his music for accidentals, key changes and position shifts. he found a few in each part of music and he fingered his instrument and wrote in each challenging fingering. Once he finished he turned around and siad to his section, "Fingerings are coming back." Kaname glance at Zero to see him practicing his own music before he slowly turned back around and looked on his stand partners music while he waited for his music to come back to him.

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Tykimikk-1

Normally orchestras would take 4 minutes to sight read, but given that everyone was taking this time to figure out their parts in a full orchestra for the first time, Tyki gave his students 10 minutes to look over their music. Once the time was up Tyki held his baton out and said, "Alright guys let's try Barber of Seville first." Tyki listened to the rustle of papers as everyone prepared for their parts and readied their instruments.

Once all eyes were on him he counted off at a medium pace, "1, 2, 3, 4..." the orchestra began and Tyki listened intently as he followed everyone's music in his score. as he expected it was far from perfect and it seemed that intonation and rhythm was lost the farther away the players sat from him. He listened to Allen on the piano and criticized his playing the most. Not too bad shounen but you could be a lot better he thought as he turned the page and kept the orchestra going.

After about 45 seconds of the mess of the song they made, Tyki put his baton down and waved his left hand for everyone to stop and said, "Alright low strings, lets take a look at that introduction again."
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male
Number of posts : 2633
Quote : After all, I'm just one Hell of a butler
Registration date : 2008-07-22

http://twilightchaser417.deviantart.com/art/LOVELESS-Crisis-Core

Back to top Go down

Post by love4Sora Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:31 pm

((.......sorry......i misunderstood........i'll try something, but i'm not guarenteeing anything good though...i truly know squat when it comes to this sort of thing >.<. (then why did i join this RP? i don't have a clue anymore... -_-;;; )
note for slight god-modding, but it's so we can get this going again.))

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Haruhi

After the low string instruments had tried their introduction, the conductor had them stop and moved right on to having the woodwind instruments try their own introduction. Sighing, Haruhi picked her oboe up from her lap, took a deep breath, and readied herself to play. Once the conductor signalled the woodwinds to start playing with his baton, Haruhi (obviously) started to play her oboe, following her music intently.

From what Haruhi could hear, it seemed like everyone--including herself--was having some trouble playing this song. It is the first day of practice. I'm not surprised that everyone's struggling, at least a little bit that is, she thought as she continued to play the best she could. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best. Not even close.

((...that should get other woodwinds to post something, right? if not, sorry...))

Last edited by love4Sora on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo. >.<)
love4Sora
love4Sora
Creator

Female
Number of posts : 3094
Quote : Don't mock the Lion King. ~ Myself
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://myanimelist.net/profile/love4Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Tykimikk-1

Tyki worked with the violas, cellos and basses for a few minutes, trying to get them to hold their rhythms dow with the correct notes. However at least one player would mess it up and they would have to start over. Once he felt that they had it good enough he held his baton towards the winds and said, "Alright winds let's hear you guys, start off where you come in. ready? 1, 2, 3..."

The winds began their part with an overall decent sound quality but he could tell they were far from perfect. He waved his hand and lectured them, "c'mon winds check those notes again. It's da-da-da-DA da."adding extra emphasis on his beats that ne knew needed work, "you need to get this down because you're playing the same thing the firsts are. try it again." Tyki held his baton out and started the winds again and listened intently for their sound quality

(alright i'm gonna wait for most of the inds to post before i move onto another section.)
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kairiandroxas Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:33 pm

speaking of winds:

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Kyoya12

Kyoya played the lick without too much difficulty. Intros were usually easier than the chorus' and other parts, he noticed, but the intros were important. Without a good intro, the audience will become uninterested and disappointed, making them not care as much about the middle and end. Though, if you have a strong intro followed by a strong middle and ending, the song will be greatly appreciated.

He decided that their conductor obviously knew of this 'value' and decided to work on it first. Or he just decided that the winds were doing a terrible job. Either way, maybe this conductor wouldn't do such a terrible job leading them, he decided.

Kyoya continued to play the entrance until Tyki finally decided that the winds had it down well enough.

((...yeah... i totally half BSed that whole thing... sorry))
kairiandroxas
kairiandroxas
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Quote : i'm only mean to people who tell me to be nice
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyou_Foxgirl Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm

[quote="Hanyou_Foxgirl"]
Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 Link-110
Link began to play the intro when the instructor... instructed him to, trying not to make so many mistakes. He really did prefer the ocarina, but he wasn't about to complain. After a few more times, he was able to play it with little difficulty, and sighed when the conductor told them to stop playing. He was going to need to practice if he wanted to get it perfect.

sorry, guys. and I guess I need a new picture... AGAIN... :>.<:
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Hanyou_Foxgirl
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 1092
Quote : I'm a failure fakir and I"m proud of it!
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Symphony of Innocence - Page 2 AllenSuit
Allen waited patiently by the piano for Tyki to finish with the other sections. They were certainly taking their time, but it wasn't like Allen needed to go anywhere or do anything right then and there.

(If we fanfic this, feel free to ignore this post. I'm just trying to use a phoenix down on this one)
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Fri May 01, 2009 10:46 pm

i'm kinda waiting for lenalee to return
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Wed May 20, 2009 10:46 pm

yeah Lenalee we need a post from... well lenalee to move this one ahead
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:45 pm

i think this is about dead...lenalee seems to have died (or at least her internet)
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:52 am

(Ugh... XP Why must the fun RPs die?)
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Because people stop responding to them! (I think you should lock all the RPs that have died and won't start up again~)
Rennim
Rennim
Role Player

Female
Number of posts : 457
Quote : Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:06 pm

...That's a good idea, but I'm not in charge. I'd have to ask Sora. Maybe you should put that in the suggestions section?
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Great. Now I have to look around for that section! >.>
Rennim
Rennim
Role Player

Female
Quote : Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:52 pm

It's near the top, I believe.
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rennim Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 pm

LOL I'll go do that when I'm not so busy!
Rennim
Rennim
Role Player

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:31 pm

do you want me to lock this then or do you wanna reassign characters?
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 pm

XP I vote just lock it. It's not like we have one or two characters to replace. Most of the cast needs replacing...

If you want to have this again, just make a 2.0. Just make it simpler. The orchestra is a plot device. We don't have to have them actually PERFORM or anything. It's kind of like... *thinks of an anime equivalent Twilight would know* ...Can't think of any you'd know...
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xTwilightxAngelx Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:37 pm

okay i guess the majority of drama goes on before and after, but still a lot of fun stuff goes on during practice as well
xTwilightxAngelx
xTwilightxAngelx
Almighty Mod

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by sailorstar165 Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:52 pm

...The problem is, you seem to forget, that not all the RPers play an instrument.
sailorstar165
sailorstar165
Almighty Mod

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content